heymanhaveyaheardthis?

Math Rock, Emo, and everything else

Monday, February 8, 2010

When I think football, I think Arcade Fire

Nothing goes better with football than a coming of age song performed by a band who is fronted by a Canadian couple.  That's what the NFL network was thinking anyway..  I actually loved the commercial for a number of reasons.  The first being thousands of hipsters' (example) faux indie cred was ruined in roughly 60 seconds.  How one could complain about a band who opened for U2, had multiple songs on the billboard 200, and appeared on the cover of Canadian Time, selling out is beyond me.  Not to mention that Spike Jonze trailer that they were apparently forgiven for.  Secondly all the licensing proceeds went to Haiti relief (wasn't there a less mainstream natural disaster to donate to?).  Last, but not least the commercial is actually pretty cool.  I enjoy watching men jump insanely long distances.  If you haven't seen Reggie Bush's ridiculously long hurdle in real time check it out here.  

Oh and the album is actually pretty amazing, check it out here:

PS I think I am going to post again later in the day.  I received a good suggestion for a post over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment